Anodizing is an electrolytic passivation process used to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts. The hard anodizing coating itself is an integral part of the metal converted to tough surface, built up molecule by molecule, to a thickness of more than 50 microns, under very carefully controlled conditions through electrolysis . We have specialized improved technique developed in house.
Thus hard anodize is not coating of an external material like in non-stick cookware, where the coating is brushed or sprayed. Hence the hard anodize coating forms an extremely stable surface.It is non-toxic, non-staining and non reactive with foods. Also it is naturally dark grey in colour – no pigment is added.
Hard Anodising coating combines the superior heat conductivity of aluminum, the toughness of iron and the corrosion resistance of stainless steel.
Some major benefits of Hard Anodising cookware:
- Even distribution of heat
- No peeling off of coatings even at high temperatures.
- No problems with use of metal spoons or spatulas.
- Very easy to clean because of the smooth surface.
- The shiny surface maintains the good looks for years.
- Good retention of heat and quick heating results in fuel saving.